Thursday 23 October 2008

On line

I thought I'd start this eco-blog as a counterpart to my climbing and running site. I'll be posting fairly regular musings of an environmental nature, links to interesting sites and news stories, and hopefully a running tab of recent journeys and how they were done/how much they cost/carbon emissions from them (if I can figure out how to do this on this blogger). Hope you enjoy the site.

For now here's a link to Sandbag - a very interesting project I found recently - an idea to try and correct the way the European emissions trading scheme is working - currently there are too many permits on the market, meaning the price for carbon is way too low and the trading scheme has little effect on the participants. By buying up excess permits, or persuading companies and organisations with excess permits to "retire" them, Sandbag aims to help put the emissions trading scheme back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment